Sunday 4 December 2011

Bella, look what I made!!

I love making cupcakes. Something about them always puts a smile on my face. 

For these little guys, I blended together cocoa powder (about 1.5 tbsp), icing sugar (enough to thicken the icing so that it would stick to a spoon) and butter (about 1/2 cup). Then, I topped them off with a swirl drizzle of caramel sauce. The cake batter was a little too muffin-y for my liking... so I will save the white vanilla cake recipe for when it is improved. Even though I didn't fall madly in love with the batter... the icing was magical and I think that the cupcakes are pretty darn cute.

I want to share a few photos with you and my dear bella Jessica. I have a feeling that she is going to be very proud of me when she finds out that I made them all by myself (I avoided adding sprinkles, so that I wouldn't risk accidentally spilling them all down the sink hehe). Jessica, I am missing you and all of our baking days and foodie nights!! Big hugs for you, Paul, and Digby!!





Have a positively sweet evening everybody,
<3 Shalane



No comments:

Post a Comment